It is very exciting to read about the new flights to Cuba
Now the rules have changed slightly as there is flights to Cuba have been approved.
So will you jump on JetBlue site and schedule your trip...let's try that...
SFO to Santa Clara, Cuba for Thanksgiving because I think that is going to be awesome way to spend turkey day :).
For the benefit of bringing two bags my trip was with a layover in Fort Lauderdale with just four hours.
At just $1200 plus dollars for a nonrefundable ticket it is a good deal and if I want to bring only 1 bag I can save $399 dollars.
If I want a refundable ticket the price ticked up a little higher ($200) but ...now I have to find a hotel right?
That is when this popped up on the JetBlue.com travel site
When booking a hotel in Cuba, you must be a U.S. resident living in the U.S., or a US citizen who resides in the US or abroad.
1. Family visits
2. Official business of the U.S. government, foreign governments, and certain intergovernmental organizations
3. Journalistic activity
4. Professional research and professional meetings
5. Educational activities
6. Religious activities
7. Public performances, clinics, workshops, athletic and other competitions, and exhibitions
8. Support for the Cuban people
9. Humanitarian projects
10. Activities of private foundations or research or educational institutes
11. Exportation, importation, or transmission of information or information materials
12. Certain export transactions that may be considered for authorization under existing regulations and guidelines.
©2016 Expedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Basically it might still be easier to utilize travel agent for your Cuba Travel.
So check out these options
CasaQ Foodie Advanture http://www.casaq.com/events/casaq-cuba-foodie-fantasy-adventure/
National Geographic has some amazing 9 day trips http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/expeditions/cuba-cultural-tour/detail